Buying and renovations of homes could have taken a back seat earlier this year for most Australians thanks to the uncertainties presented by COVID-19, but the recent announcement of the HomeBuilder Grant has no doubt brought the possibilities of renovations and building your dream home on the front burner.
On the 4th of June 2020, the Australian Government announced a $25,000 HomeBuilder Grant which will be made available to eligible owner-occupiers, who are keen to build a new home or undertake a substantial renovation in their existing homes.
In a nutshell, subject to certain conditions you will be eligible for a $25,000 grant within the period of 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020, if:
- You want to renovate a home to live in, where renovations will cost between $150,000 and $750,000 and the value of the property before the renovation is less than $1,500,000
- Build a new home where the building costs and the value of the land is less than $750,000
- Demolish and build a home to live in where the total of the new build and the value of the cost of land is less than $750,000
One of the requirements to apply for the grant is for you to provide an evidence of the value of
- your home before the renovations OR
- the value of a vacant piece of land (if it was bought more than a year ago) OR
- the value of the land which has your existing property which you want to demolish and rebuild.
Acumentis is now offering valuation reports to help you provide the documentation to apply for the grant. This valuation report can be obtained for a mere fee starting at $350 + GST and is delivered to you within 2 working days.
The highly experienced valuation experts at Acumentis prepare this report based on the comprehensive market insights and local intel that they have access to.
Contact one of our friendly team for an obligation free chat and quote.